Monday, September 08, 2008

okay jumping ahead!

Since I had one SPECIFIC request I am going to jump ahead and I will fill in about the move and some photos later (you are welcome!)

I went to the 2008 Havanese National Specialty in Richmond, VA last month and it was a blast! I was surrounded by lovely Havanese people who love their dogs almost as much as I love mine!!! I shared a room and was able to hang out with friends from the Havanese forum. Dash and I were able to see his breeder and his auntie. I never believed anyone about dogs having fond memories of their breeder and never forgetting. All Dash had to do was hear Kathy and Sarah's voices and he flew out of his stroller and went nuts. He still adores them. And Dash doesnt hand out kisses to strangers in fact he often pulls his face away like he doesnt want kisses but he wouldn't stop loving them! I am sure I drank too much cosmos and wine as I was pretty ill by the time I came home.

Best of all, I showed Dasher myself. The first day with the Regional, we didn't make the cut but there were some great dogs there. The second day in Sweeps, Dash was the biggest monster. He was obsessed with the little submissive puppy behind us and I tried to hand stack him and he looked like a cheese curl. He kept trying to turn around, I thought he wasn't going to have any face hair left! But for the National, Dash put on the charm and we took second place with a heavy line up of great dogs and great professional handlers! We had so much fun and ofcourse I got teary eyed and a few others did for me too! I do have to say, I think Dash had the loudest applause by far! He has quite a few fans but I am definitely his biggest one!

I will be sure to post his win photo when I receive it!

Until then, here is what Dash enjoyed the most about National... the BITCHES!

No comments: