Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The new alpha!

Since we added Dasher, Dora has really changed her role in the pack. She has stepped up and she is a lot more assertive. She still has her calm and easy going demeanor that I love and puts up with a lot but if the furkids get out of hand, she reminds them she is the biggest and will quickly put them in her place. Belle and Dash play off each other's hyper energy and sometimes get out of control. We recently took them to the botanical gardens for a walk. Dora really was acting weird and not herself. She was on the dual leash with Belle and we were nervous she was sick or something. Jim said we needed to switch and put Dash on the dual with Belle and I carried her for a bit to go back. She kept acting like she wanted down. I put her down and she took off running and returned to her old self. I think she just got sick of Belle and Dasher and their crazy antics and I can't blame her. I would never want to go for a walk being strapped between them. Here is a pic I snapped after the leash swap.


No comments: