Monday, June 09, 2008

Playing in the Breed Ring!

Dasher is a show hopeful puppy. He is apparently very striking to a lot of people. While I don't know much I noticed the way he walks and runs right away. Movement is just so natural to him. He naturally stacks. So I am going to try to handle Dasher myself. So far this has been going well. We have been taking puppy conformation classes and no one could believe his age. I just say stack and he does it. Dasher now understand if he stands still he gets a cookie. I was actually told to let him self stack since I dont know what I am doing! We are learning together and likely have to undo a lot of what we learn- like agility and obedience.

This weekend I took Dasher to his first puppy match. My normally perfect puppy (seriously he was just born knowing what to do and I stand there!) was a little monster. He was running around trying to catch all the puppies tails! He was spinning in circles trying to get the puppy behind him! When I came out of the ring a friend said to me "well you wanted an agility dog!" So rather than take a cute show photo to share with everyone, I decided to let Dasher be himself. Maybe he will get it out of him before he goes into the real ring!

No comments: