Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dasher's First Dog Show!

We took the plunge and we did it! Unfortunately, we didn't win but Saturday we did excellent!!! I couldn't have asked for anything better. Dasher was happy and having a great time and I can't help but having a great time with this little guy. Later that night we also did a puppy match and Dasher took a group 3! There was a very nice judge who came over to meet Dash and said he was the soundest moving havanese she had ever seen. I was proud of my little guy. I was also thankful that my husband came with me and helped me the entire time. The girls were also there to support little Dash for his first time out there.



That day we decided to go out to downtown San Diego with the entire family. We took the stroller which ended up being a great idea as it was pretty busy and then we snuck the furkids in for some lunch too.



Sunday was a different story! Dash decided he was in the wrong ring and wanted to do agility. He was running and barking and trying to get everyone to play with him. Here I was really nervous since he laid down on the grooming table before the show! I thought I really did too much with him the day before. But apparently Belle had a talk with him while they were in the stroller. She told him that when you go in the ring, you bottle all your energy and you fly! That he did....



Overall I was so proud of my little boy and I think we are going to be a great team in many rings. We just have to both get a bit more experience under our belt in the conformation ring!

Another thing I learned, is how much I think Dora actually misses showing. We were watching the dogs and she wanted out and she wanted her turn in the ring. I plan to really get back to the training and competing with her after the big move!

No comments: