Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm coming back!


Dora and I worked thru some things. Dora was competing and earning perfect scores before we moved out here- going thru the start line before I said okay because she loved it, then her world came crashing down-we moved to Los Angeles. I take her for lessons and she flips out. She runs under the A-frame and hides. She continues to do this each time I take her offleash or she runs back in her crate. She isn't avoiding me, she is honestly flipped out. Some suggest it is the going outdoors is too overwhelming. I had no clue but I knew it wasn't fun.

I took Dora out of agility. I felt horrible and I was really disappointed to be honest. Dora was always my great dog (of course everyone says God gave me Dora cause he had to make up for Belle) She loved to work, listen, have fun, and she loved me. But I will never force any of my dogs to do anything. So I threw Belle in Dora's classes. I did that for a few weeks and decided to bring Dora to just watch. Well she started to act like she wanted to play. When I would grab Belle she would jump all over me, then I would take her out there and she ran back into her crate. But I decided to keep taking her. We would play on jumps and just keep it totally happen. I learned even if she went offcourse, let her and keep going.

So this weekend, guess who made her full debut to play with mom. I was ready to put her away if she wasn't into it or acted scared. But if anything, she was a tunnel sucker (old Dora was the same) and hated the table (old Dora the same) but weaved like she hasn't quit doing agility for a few months! I hope my little girl is back. But wait till I tell her we are moving again

No comments: