Monday, November 12, 2007

Sunday Hiking

This Sunday we took the girls on a hike to get out all their energy. Isabelle was beyond excited. I thought this would be a great way to exhaust her so I could groom her. I am very aware of how hiking leaves a full coat! So we went to Eaton Canyon which is north of Pasadena. This park does require dogs to be on leash which is fine but there is some issue with people not obeying that rule. I can see the reason-lots of offleash dogs aren't picked up after as evidenced on the trail! But we had a good time. Dora got pretty tired. I think she was looking for the stroller after awhile. Jim offered to carry her but as soon as he went to grab her, she saw Belle running so she struggled and made it. Isabelle always amazes me. How something so little 4lbs and 7 inches can out hike me and still be excited and trying to pull us along. She also has an amazing sense of direction. If you let Belle pick the trail, when you turn around, Belle will lead you back the exact way she came -even going around the picnic tables to check for scraps. Lets just say Belle had energy when we got home as well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eaton_Wash#Wash

No comments: