Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I have been sick and on Vacation... hence the 2 week gap!!!



Last week, I was able to tag along with my husband on his business trip to Vancouver. There I was able to finally meet Carolyn Angus who I have talked to via email over the last year. This was not only special because of us both being Havanese Moms but because Carolyn’s amazing details in photography and me just getting started. I knew Carolyn had this ability before arriving because she has worked with me and my “click and shoot” photographs of Dora for the 2007 Havanese Photo Art Calendar. I already knew Carolyn took an otherwise “oh that is my cute little girl being a Neezer” photo and turned it into a “WOW that is Dora” piece of art but I didn’t realize she was really able to do that for many other Havanese too!

In person, I was able to see both of the amazing calendars that Carolyn had been working on with Doc. Oh, just wait till you get to see it in person too http://www.lulu.com/Havanese Each photograph is absolutely amazing and truly captures the essence of what it means to be Havanese. How many times I would see something in one of the photographs and think “Oh my little havanese does that too!!!”

As an amateur photographer who gets to play with my husband’s fancy digital camera, I really had no clue how much work it took to change all of the photos. Carolyn showed me what needed to be done to my photos and what the process along the way really entails! If most of you are like me, eek but the end result is priceless!!! So much so, that while I was there, I was able to purchase a lovely framed copy of one of the months that Dora is featured in by Carolyn’s local photography shop. It is also featured on Carolyn’s website www.carolynangusphotography.com just click on enhancements but the in person view is amazing!



Another amazing part of my trip was to get loving havanese kisses from Pumpkin and chase Jeepers with his squeaky toys and try to keep up with him on walks! With the time Carolyn has absorbed into making the calendar, she still has her own loving havanese family!

As recently noted with the where to vacation with your havanese, Vancouver is a great area!!! If my husband’s hotel wasn’t at UBC (and paid for by UBC also J ) I was thinking gezz I should have brought my girls! We were able to ride the water bus, walk everywhere with the dogs, let alone dine at nice restaurants with the dogs tied next to us while wait staff even brought the dogs water bowls. The best part was the public parks that Vancouver has which allow for you and your dog to hike, play, rest, and even swim in the ocean!

No comments: