Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dasher Training

Right now, Mommy is in conformation training. Dasher seems to come to the table with all the elements- he came from an EXCELLENT BREEDER! So this part of the game, is all me learning about how to show Dasher naturally and not mess him up. This is a big adjustment for me. I am used to be the one being the trainer! But it is almost like starting off in obedience or agility. I only wish I was a blank slate! So we are just doing fun training that involves building blocks for performance later down the road. Dasher has a short attention span and my goal is to keep everything fun. It helps that if Dasher gets distracted, he knows his treat is gone cause someone else is willing! He really gets things fast. I know he is very smart but I think he also watches the girls.

Here is a short clip after about 5 mins of teaching touch! Gotta love his energy!

No comments: