Friday, April 06, 2007

Motivation


Last weekend, I went and watched the AKC Agility Nationals. It was absolutely amazing. Watching dogs who are on that day is like a special dance. I was able to see 3 havanese that were absolutely charming and then captivating in the ring. It gave me motivation to truly know that although I don't have agility breeds, we could still be very successful and we have a long way to go! Unfortunelty, I didn't get to see any maltese run... I am not sure if there were some entered or I just missed them.

Isabelle is taking some time of from agility and we are going to concentrate on obedience and rally. In agility, she has really not understood the concept of teamwork. I have to figure out how to be more clear to her. But she is having more fun in the obedience ring. It is amazing when you put faith in your dog, what she is capable of. When you doubt your dog, they really do read this in your body language. I recently had an attention class and at the end of the class we take our dog offleash and walk. I was pretty nervous since Belle finds everything to be amusing and interesting. I did it with confidence and by all means, it made me look silly! Isabelle heeled like she has been doing it forever!

Dora on the other hand, is working on weave poles. We have been concentrating on fast and fun weave poles and enterances. This has been a work in progess but is going along nicely. Now I just have to convince Dora she doesn't need the wires!

Well have a Happy Easter!

No comments: